About the Class:
This 6 week intensive will breakdown and rebuild how an actor works with a script. Television and Films scripts are vastly different from a play and need a streamlined approach in order for actors to bring a believable and dynamic performance to the camera. It is vital that an actor develop a strong script analysis process so they can prepare a Stand Out performance. This class will provide actors with strategies to:
1) Know All the Parts of the Script (and how to use them in your acting)
2) The Writer’s Intent (Why your are in the scene)
3) Value of the Role (What is your action in the scene)
4) Find the “Turning Point” in Every Scene (Create a dynamic performance)
5) Embrace the Tone and Genre (Nailing the Style with a Stand Out Performance)
These strategies are designed to aid the actor’s process. It is your job to be able to uncover all the clues the script has given you, so you can “Play in the World of the Story”, not just deliver your lines well. Each week will provide new scripts, assignments and culminate to a live audition in the final week to show the results and growth of the class.